Monday, January 4, 2010

Introduction and First Impression

Hi. For all of you followers I am Mandi the sole Wartburger on this excursion to India. This is my first visit to India and I am beyond excited to be here. At first I was nervous joining up with a group of seminarians from Philadelphia because I had never met any of them or even talked to them on the phone prior to meeting up with them at the airport in Philadelphia. So far though they have turned out to be a very friendly group of individuals who have been very welcoming of me which has gotten this trip off to a great start.

Though the flights seemed endless at times- two flights, eight hours each- and jet lag is starting to hit a little bit, this experience so far has been great. Stepping out of the airport in Bangalore, the first thing I noticed were the wild dogs. Wild dogs running around without leashes in public areas with people around is not something that I am used to seeing everyday. The bus ride to the UTC was bumpy and I found it interesting that even though it was four am in the morning, almost all the cars honked at each other when passing one another. Though it was dark we were able to get a glimpse of the different housing accommodations that people around this area live in- it was the beginning of the culture shock which I am sure we will encounter more of on this trip.

This morning some of us went for a nice short walk around campus enjoying the sun and the seventy degree weather. It is absolutely lovely here on campus and I hope to start posting pictures in the near future.

Until next time....

Pax,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment