Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome

It has been an interesting week. That is right, a week. Well technically a week very early tomorrow morning, but still that makes it seem more amazing. We have done and seen so much. Yesterday we experienced worship at one of the CSI (Church of South India) congregations. We heard the bishop preach and got to experience the liturgical life of the congregation. The bishop was present because it was confirmation Sunday as well. It turned out to be a slightly longer service then I am used to because of the confirmation. After the service we were graciously invited to the party of one of the students confirmed. That was just one example of how I have experienced people here being more welcoming then we are back in the US. It would be very strange for you to invite complete strangers to your party, but we were invited. This sort of hospitality keeps happening all over the place, as we are invited in and given tours of places that in the US we would not be permitted into. This culture is so welcoming it is surprising sometimes. Well I came out to an Internet place in the city to post this so I think I'm going to go hop an auto back now. (See how much we've grown in a week, I can go out on my own - well Rodney helped) More posts to follow

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment