Friday, January 15, 2010

It has been a while

So there hasn't been a post in a good long while so I thought I would give you a short update. We have traveled from Bangalore to Mangalore. It was a perilous bus ride over the mountains in which there was lots of screaming. For instance there where several times through the trip where I looked out my window and there was no road only straight down. Of course I was one of the brave ones no screaming from me, but others yes others ;-) We arrived late in the night Wednesday and we have been busy ever since. Our lecture topics here have been on the religious plurality in India from a Hindu, a Muslim, and 3 Christians. We have finished up that series and are free this afternoon for sightseeing and shopping. Tomorrow morning we fly to Mumbai. There is some worrying going on over here because the weight limit for this flight is less then for international flights and so some of us might start throwing clothes away to meet the requirements. All in all I am sure we will all make it to Mumbai one way or another. We have had some wonderful times over the last few days and last night in particular we had a great time visiting a girls' school. I have some pictures but am unable to get them up right now. Some others may post their pics. We are looking forward now to our 3rd and last leg of our Indian travels. Hopefully we will have more use of the Internet in Mumbai and there will be more posts to follow.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment